Friday 24 March 2017

Research Folder BA2b, Research surrounding my practice and thematic context.

For this unit it is very clear to me that I want the context of my research and 3000 word text to continue to inform the body of work which I produce through studio work. The simplest way I can describe the thematic context of my practice is as follows; society objectifies the non-human seeing it as inferior or a symbol of regression, whereas the individual sub consciously desires to return to the primal uncanny to the honesty and purity of the natural world. This theme is best embodied by the human/non-human hybrid from myth and legend e.g. the werewolf or lycanthrope. My studio practice pursues these themes primarily in a three dimensional sense, however I wish to continue to experiment with media and techniques so as to better inform my work. Furthermore I wish to truly immerse myself in the collaborative nature of this unit so as to learn from my peers. The simplest way I think I can describe my studio practice is as follows; I create a tableau of unsightly worlds and organisms embodying arrogance, violence, conflict and other disturbing aspects of the human condition.
This Blog will act as a large segment of my Research File for BA2b; in which I will collect all my research surrounding my practice as an artist and the thematic context in which my work resides.

No comments:

Post a Comment